Teeth Whitening in Mill Woods, Southeast Edmonton
Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think. Many people achieve the look they’ve been dreaming of with our simple “bleaching” procedure.
Dental bleaching can be used to correct tooth discoloration. Discolorations can be caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. The most common causes of stains are smoking or chewing tobacco. Drinking large amounts of tea, coffee or cola drinks is another common cause of teeth discoloration, and it is the tannin inside the ingredients that does the damage. Using the latest in bleaching technology, we can offer a safe method for creating a beautiful “brilliant” smile. In cases of extreme tooth discoloration, crowns or veneers may be the only choice, but because of the low cost of bleaching treatments, bleaching is nearly always worth a solid try.
For your convenience and budget, we have two methods of whitening available to you. The first is an in-office procedure called Spa Dent In-Office Whitening System. The second is the use of a take home kit called Venus White Ultra+.
Spa Dent In-Office Whitening System
The Spa Dent In-Office Whitening System uses proprietary technology to whiten your teeth an average of six to eight shades in a little over 40 minutes while you relax at your dentist’s office. It’s ideal for anyone who wants immediate results, but please note that results may vary.
The Spa Dent system makes it possible to whiten your smile in a single dental appointment. Here is how it works:
- A gum guard is placed in your mouth to shield your gums and lips from the whitening gel
- Administering dual-arch mouth trays filled with a super-whitening gel which is applied to your teeth
- Your teeth are exposed to the LED light
The Spa-dent light-activated whitening gel’s active ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide. An LED light causes hydroxyl radicals to penetrate your tooth enamel and break apart stain particles, resulting in a whiter smile with no damage to enamel, caps, crowns or veneers. The Spa-Dent light does not contain UV light, the same wavelength of light that causes skin damage, as some other whitening systems use. Post-Care Spa Dent emphasizes that, after a treatment, your teeth remain very porous and need special care for 24 hours: First hour – drink water only Next 24 hours – avoid staining food and drink such as coffee, tea, cola, berries, red wine, red sauces, mustard, ketchup, soy sauce and tobacco products.
The Spa Dent In-office procedure is not painful and during the procedure, patients can watch television or listen to music. Many fall asleep. Remember that Agape Dental Clinic offers pillows, blankets, and headphones as well as cable television to help you feel completely comfortable.
The entire procedure takes just over an hour. The procedure begins with a preparation period followed by one hour of bleaching. A five-minute fluoride treatment completes the procedure. We strongly recommend a cleaning and check-up prior to the actual Spa-dent whitening session.
Benefits of Spa Dent Teeth Whitening
- No sensitivity
- Products are pH neutral, silica free, gluten free and lactose free
- Does not damage enamel or tooth structure
- After the initial in-office whitening session, touch-ups can be done at regular intervals with hygiene appointments to remove recurring lifestyle stains from coffee, red wine, tea, berries and other foods that stain.
Venus White Ultra at Home Whitening System
Agape Dental Clinic Millwoods offers Venus White Ultra+ for at Home Teeth Whitening. NEW Venus White Ultra+ has a 15% hydrogen peroxide strength and also contains potassium nitrate, which helps to decrease sensitivity associated with bleaching.
Venus White Ultra+ has the following benefits:
- Pre-filled, Disposable Whitening Trays
- No chair time or multiple visits required
- Once-a-day treatment for up to seven days, with visibly whiter teeth in just three days. Available in mint-flavored 11.2% or 15% hydrogen peroxide gel
- Ultra thin—designed to mold securely around each tooth for maximum comfort
- Upper and lower trays sized differently for best fit
- A great option for teens or post-orthodontic patients